To ensure that Chicagoans have access to the tools needed to protect their property, the City of Chicago launched a Home and Business Protection Rebate program that will provide rebates up to certain limits that cover the costs of outdoor security cameras, one year of cloud storage for video footage, outdoor motion sensor lighting, and vehicle GPS trackers. Any Chicago resident, business, religious or non-profit organization will be able to take advantage of the program by purchasing equipment and receiving financial reimbursement from the City.
To participate in the rebate program, applicants are required to:
- Complete all required fields within the application
- Provide proof of purchase for each security device showing the number of devices, the cost per device, and the date of purchase
- Provide documentation showing the camera system’s ability to retain video footage for at least 72 hours
- Provide proof of installation of each security device
- You must complete this application in one session. You will not be able to save and resume at a later time.
- For security purposes, your session will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity and you will need to start over.
- You must provide a current, accurate email address to which you have access. A confirmation will be emailed to you upon successful completion of your application.
- You must have all required supporting documentation saved to your device to upload with the application.